I'm not sure how to describe this week; it's been a roller coaster to say the least. I've done a lot, but haven't made as much progress as I'd hoped. In short, I had orientation on Monday and Tuesday, which proved to be WAY more organized than anticipated. My first day of school was on Thursday. The commute isn't bad, the teachers are really nice, and everyone seems to be genuinely excited that we are there. I have a mix of first through fifth graders and have already decided NOT to be a first grade teacher due to the babysitting factor. I have every Monday off which is awesome for traveling purposes.
As far as the piso hunting goes, we continued to look at rooms all week (Farren and I have decided to split if necessary), but haven't found 'the one' yet. I am really disappointed that it's taken this long for multiple reasons, chief among them being that I can't unpack or relax yet (relaxation will come with unpacking, thank you OCD). I am doing my best to stay positive, but am feeling mostly bummed. Please send positive juju our way!
***Photo is of Katie, Daria, and I at Xochimilco in Mexico City in July 2006. Decided to throw it up here because we ate Mexican food for dinner and it made me feel so much better : )
No comments:
Post a Comment