I could really get used to having three day weekends all the time : ) During this, my second three day weekend, I did my best to perfect the "art of doing nothing." I didn't study Spanish, I sort of unpacked my room, and I couldn't go to the grocery store because they were all closed Sunday (as usual) and Monday for the 12 de Octubre (essentially Columbus Day) holiday.Last night, Tim, Danielle, Farren, Nona and I went to VivAmerica, a massive parade of people from all over Latin America celebrating their beautiful cultures. We were thoroughly enjoying ourselves as spectators, but when the Dominican group came around, a hot guy pulled Danielle out of the crowd and the rest of us followed. Lucky for us, Nona is half-Dominican, so we felt like we belonged - we jumped and screamed and shouted like we did anyway.
It was so much fun to be part of a group of people who are so proud to represent their country even though they are thousands of miles from home. We all came to the conclusion that there is no way North Americans (i.e. the USA and probably Canada) would represent the way the Latin folks did. It'd definitely be a lot less fun : )
Other weekend activities included a Corrida de Toros (bullfight), lots of tapas, pastries, and tinto de verano. I also met my new roommate from Slovenia who rounds out the group nicely - Slovenia totally fits in with an American (me, the boring one), an Austrian, and a half-Japanese/half Spanish guy (in his case, an attractive mix)...
***See above for example of a hot Dominican man
Jesus. I read this, thinking you were going to make some reference to baseball with the "A-Fraud" picture up there...boy was I wrong.:)
ReplyDelete