Monday, July 12, 2010

Winter, World Cup, Waffles and Beer

Now that I've drunk beer in Belgium, I might have to start forking out the dough to buy Chimay and Leffe. It's like once you've eaten Argentine beef, everything else just doesn't compare.
It was absolutely freezing the whole weekend we were there, so KT and I had to experience Belgian culture mostly through our stomachs. I had the best waffle of my life in Ghent (a quintessential Belgian town that literally reeks charm). In fact, if I have to resort to unemployment plan numero uno, I think I will sell Belgian waffles at the Farmer's Market. Anyone have a waffle iron lying around?
In case you've been living in the States and have no idea the World Cup has been going on for the past month, one of my favorite 'tourist activities' was to watch the matches. I think I watched every game with people from at least one of the countries playing which is so much fun!
I mention football because while we were in Antwerp, KT and I traded coffee drinking and shopping for beer, French Fries and football. A word to American restaurants that serve French Fries - cook them in animal fat - they taste SO much better. KT and I decided that if you're going to eat fries, might as well eat the artery clogging version instead of the semi-artery clogging version. It's totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment