Mt. Vesuvius, the Mediterranean, and a hotel we are not staying at.
We arrived in what we thought was Sorrento, Italy on Sunday afternoon. However, our small community is a thirty minute walk from there. As a result of having to carry all of my stuff much farther than anticipated, I am leaving every extra item I packed behind.
Our first night in "Sorrento" was laughable: no hot water...our beds were shaped like hot dog buns...in the middle of the sleepless night, I checked my email and saw an alert from the U.S. State Departmet about traveling to Greece (hello monkey mind!). The air conditioner crapped out, and I woke up with at least three swollen bug bites on my face. Call me traveling Quasimodo.
Danielle's Italian is pretty good and the hotel folks let us switch rooms. The hot water is fixed, the air-con worked last night, and our new mattresses are comfortable. The moral of this story is, check recent reviews BEFORE you stay at a hotel. If we'd done that, we would've cancelled the place we are at and rebooked it. I have plenty of advice to share when it comes to traveling in Campania in late June. I'll continue with the good stuff tomorrow. It's absolutely gorgeous around here.

No comments:
Post a Comment