Sunday, July 26, 2015

Laundry Experiments

We are in Ljubljana...the capital of Slovenia. It is a small country sandwiched between Germany, Italy, Croatia and Austria. Given that we were in the neighborhood, Danielle and I thought we should check it out. Although I am still working on pronouncing the name of its charming capital city, Slovenia has definitely won us over. It is clean, there are food markets every day, and it's easy to get pretty much anywhere on foot. Or, if you don't feel like walking, you can rent a bike for a few Euros an hour.

When we arrived this past Friday afternoon, our hostel host told us about a weekly food market called Odprta Kuhna...unsurprisingly, we made our way there and tried a few Slovenian delights...the names of which I did not write down because I was too busy eating.

Thanks to the many tasty things we have tried and/or discovered (like Hemp Tea), we are in an experimental mood...so, while perusing the laundry detergent aisle at a local grocery store, we came across something called Wasch NuB. These are nuts...yes, NUTS...you can use to clean your laundry. When our clothes are dry, I will report on how effective they are...we used cold water...ooppss!






No comments:

Post a Comment