When I studied abroad in Granada in the spring of 2005, I didn't know a soul in Spain (American or otherwise). I don't remember being nervous (probably because I was 20 and didn't know any better). This time around, I randomly Facebooked a handful of people with unique names and introduced myself. Out of that little FB blast, I found a roommate for my first week in Madrid (and with a little luck, the whole thing), a very cool dude also named Alaimo and a couple British girls, one of whom taught at the school I'm assigned to. Although I was already devoted to Facebook for life, I'm now totally in love with it. I'm so happy with the people I met via FB that I've decided if I'm still single at age 32 or so, I'm going to try one of those online dating sites.
***Photo is of my Granada roommates Natalia and Eva (who I met randomly at the Office of International Relations at the University of Granada on my first day there).
No comments:
Post a Comment