While sitting in my first class of the morning doing my best not to concentrate on the nasty feeling in my stomach and my general disgustingness, one of the cute little 6-year-old girls said to me, "Que guapa eres" ("How pretty you are"). It was definitely a heart warmer. Maybe 3 days with very little food, no make-up, and greasy hair is a good look for me. Compared to last week's "You look like my mom," I think I'm moving up in the world.
I've discovered first graders are kind of like cats and dogs - they seem to know when something is wrong and they want to make you feel better! I got lots of hugs and kisses today (which will probably contribute to future illness..but oh well) and my very first picture (from Diana in the second grade), all of which made me feel very well-loved. Tomorrow, with some luck, I'll be dancing on the patio to Lady GaGa, Katy Perry and Beyonce with all the little ladies (and one little gent).
***Photo is of first graders from a summer program I worked at in June. Pics of my classes will be a little delayed because I left my camera USB in San Jose. WHOOOPPPSSSS!!!!!
Who knew you had a knack for hilarious blogging?! Ha, ha, ha! Love your titles.
ReplyDelete