Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My New Haircut

Yes, I stole the title from the hilarious YouTube video. On Monday, in an attempt to make myself feel better after being sick (again), I decided to get my hair trimmed at a peluqueria down the street.
I go to Great Cuts in San Jose sometimes and I figured if they can handle a trim, surely the Spaniards who use Redken shampoo and have advertisements for GHD products would suffice. Bad decision. I told the woman I only wanted the ends cut. Somehow I ended up with layers (I don't even know the Spanish word for layers). She told me (when she was done), that my hair shouldn't be one length, so she added layers. GRRRR. I know my hair is too thick to be one length, but I was waiting until December to have Geri, the only person I trust to actually CUT my hair, fix it. Now, I am missing at least an inch of hair and the style resembles the "Rachel" cut Jennifer Aniston used to rock in the late 90s. I know it is stupid to complain about a bad haircut, but every time I look in the mirror, I silently mourn the loss of my hair. I'm going to eat lots of eggs and olive oil to make it grow. At least I have two months before I go home.

2 comments:

  1. Olive oil and Eggs? Hmm, Rogaine for women?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great! I love your blogs! There is definitely a writing career for you in the future. Maybe like Candace Bushnell - the original "Sex & the City" columnist. What do you think??

    ReplyDelete