As I sit here on my fairly uncomfortable, really ugly slip-covered couch, I am enjoying some yummy scents wafting my way from the kitchen. On Friday of last week, Yvonne, our new Korean roommate arrived. This girl is brave. She speaks hardly any Spanish and a tad bit of English and she's here for 6 months (to learn Spanish). I suspect living with a Brit and two Americans, her English will progress faster than her Spanish, but it's basically a win-win either way. She is cooking dinner for us tonight and if it tastes as good as it smells, we're in for a treat! Yesterday, I, along with my co-auxiliars, Rich and Jessica got a lift from our new friend Alberto (who is doing his student teaching at our school) and ate lunch at one of two Taco Bells in Europe. Those of you currently within an arm's reach of Taco Bell are probably thinking I am disgusting for craving TB while in Spain. Well let me tell you, it's every bit as good here as it is at home. *I mean that in a good way - I am a TB fan 'til the end. At Euro Bell, combo meals come with a choice of nachos, fries, or salad. You can also get beer and most anything off the normal menu. One interesting fact we learned (thanks to the very helpful cashier) is that in Spain, the hot sauce is spicier than the Fire sauce. Go figure. To top off our satisfying TB visit, we met a pair of Mormons completing their mission in Madrid. Lucky for us, they were so excited to speak English and meet other Americans that they didn't try to recruit us.
No comments:
Post a Comment