Friday, March 11, 2011

On Hiatus Until May or So...

Suddenly it is the middle of March and I have not written a single blog post since the last day of 2010. I blame this on the fact that I have been channeling my writing efforts to my CNM essays...which I am still tinkering with. Not to mention that returning to school at the beginning of January (after two weeks of vacation) was like starting the school year over again and left me feeling pretty beat up and brain dead. I think we've (my students and I) finally turned a corner, and we're all settled in to our routines again. I am definitely feeling more confident in my newly-minted educator shoes.
Additionally, I have been doing a lot of thinking/research about what I want to do with this blog because traveling back and forth from San Jose to Albuquerque hardly leads one to have many bloggable adventures. As the current title of my blog states, I am most certainly in flux (this state of flux has permeated every part of my life, including my bank account, which, much to my chagrin, severely limits my travel options). I am VERY eager to exit said state of flux. Having recently (October is recent, right?) discovered my sense of direction for at least the next year, I'm raring to go. However, instead of being able to go, I have hit a wall in the form of the five months separating me from starting my teaching credential program and moving back to Albuquerque. Yes, I have time to exercise, I have time to read, and that is wonderful. BUT after almost two and a half years of wandering, my heart has decided that it must return home to be content. As a super organized, highly motivated, checklist loving person, having to wait to start the path toward my goal is driving me bonkers. Yes, I believe everything happens for a reason, and I know I will need every bit of patience I can muster as a teacher, so this waiting period is excellent preparation...but it's still driving me nuts. As I used to remind my friends in high school, "Patience is a virtue."

No comments:

Post a Comment