Of all the places I've traveled and lived (albeit for short periods of time), there is nowhere I'd rather live permanently than in the United States. Part of the reason for this is because I grew up a spoiled American (I have a car, a dryer, a dishwasher, etc.), but part of it is because I love how diverse my country is.
Coming from New Mexico, which is essentially a bicultural state, well, a tricultural state -including the Native American influence - I have found that I absolutely love being surrounded by people who come from all over the world. In my opinion, life is much more interesting when everyone has a different take on things.
One of the pleasant surprises of living in Madrid has been that its population is fairly diverse. However, being back in Northern California and taking a trip to Costco (which inspires everyone to purchase goods in mass quantities), makes Madrid look more like tri-cultural NM when compared to the international airportesque Santa Clara Costco.
No comments:
Post a Comment