I am counting my lucky stars after all the crazy holiday travel stories I've heard over the past few days. In hindsight, it seems the British Airways strike (which didn't happen), saved me from having to deal with the "storm of the century" in Europe. Both the ida and the vuelta (the out and back flights), were on time and I didn't have to stand in any long check-in lines. The only hiccup was that one of my bags did not arrive with me. It was supposed to arrive last night, but didn't get here until tonight. At least I've got it now...
I wrote this post at McDonald's during my lunch break because I spilled water on my laptop last night and it's drying out until Friday night. I pray that is all it needs - please cross your fingers for me.
Once I get all of my belongings reorganized and my computer is up and running again, I think I'll feel totally readjusted to Madrid life. It's been very strange and at the same time, wondrous, to fit in seamlessly in 3 different places (San Jose, Albuquerque, Madrid). I suppose it's because nothing really changes and I have great friends and family who welcomed me wherever I went. I am a very fortunate young lass. Thanks to everone who put me up over the break - I love y'all and I had a great visit! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment